Banana bread is one of the easiest breads you can make! Combine a few staple ingredients from your pantry with some overly ripe bananas and you have a delicious breakfast bread that is also perfect for snacking!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
This quick and easy banana bread is a classic and a staple recipe for any baker! It comes together in just a few quick steps and is the perfect use for any bananas that are getting overly ripe on your counter.
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups or Digital Scale
- Mixing Spoon
- 8 x 5-inch (20 x 13-cm) Loaf Pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups bananas, mashed, from about 3 large or 4 medium
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter, vegetable, canola, safflower, grapeseed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk, skim, 1%, 2%, whole, dairy-free
- Position an oven rack to the center position. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Prep an 8.5 x 4.5-inch (22 x 11-cm) loaf pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
To Make the Batter:
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the oil or melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk and whisk together until well combined.2 cups bananas, mashed, 1/2 cup oil or melted butter, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/3 cup milk
- Combine: Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a silicone spatula or a mixing spoon to stir together until well combined.
- Pan: Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 60-70 minutes until lightly golden brown and the top springs back when gently pushed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf for 10 minutes and then transfer from the pan to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store leftover banana bread at room temperature wrapped in foil or plastic wrap for up to 3 days.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg